View Single Post
Old July 10 2013, 06:12 PM   #69
Evil Headhunter
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Evil Headhunter Send a message via AIM to Evil Headhunter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Evil Headhunter Send a message via Yahoo to Evil Headhunter
Re: The Official Speculation Thread about John Hurt's "Secret" Doctor.

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Mad Jack Wolfe wrote: View Post
I have to agree with this, too. The Doctor owns what he did to end the Time War. It's something that is never very far from his mind.

Amy Pond: So there are other Time Lords, yeah?

The Doctor: No. There were, but there aren't. Just me now. Long story. It was a bad day, bad stuff happened and you know what? I'd love to forget it all, every last minute of it. But I don't.
But what the John Hurt incarnation did is something too horrendous for the subsequent incarnations to accept, or even think of forgiving, no matter how necessary it might have been at the time.
Half of me agrees with that, too. but, the other half wonders, what exactly are they willing to pull out here for HurtDoctor's unforgivable crime? Regardless of wether he is disowned by his future selves, it's still The Doctor this crime is being hung on. How damaged are they really willing to make the character? how much worse can they actually go then his actions in The Time War, in a Children's show (Family show, if you prefer, but, nonetheless catering to children in many ways) with a Childrens' Hero that has been an Icon for 50 years?
Sudden random thought: Perhaps he pulled a Captain Jack and killed one of his kin, or more specifically, Susan, for a greater cause? Not that I want that, but there it is. Otherwise, I completely agree with you.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Evil Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote