View Single Post
Old July 10 2013, 05:08 PM   #194
Gojira
Commodore

Re: Godzilla 2014: Rumors, Pix and filming

Christopher wrote: View Post
Gojira wrote: View Post
Legendary Pictures has parted company with Warner Brothers and is not teaming up with Universal Pictures.
I think you mean "is now teaming up."

Universal owns the rights to King Kong and many fans, like myself, would like to see Godzilla vs King Kong as the sequal to the 2014 film.
I dunno, I never cared for the idea of taking King Kong, who's only supposed to be 30-40 feet tall, and blowing him up to Godzilla size. It feels like cheating.

I'm more interested by the fact that Legendary is behind both Pacific Rim and Godzilla. How about seeing the Jaegers take on the king of all kaiju?
Yes, I did mean now. Toho has wanted to make a remake of King Kong vs Godzilla for years but the rights to the character was too high. The 1991 movie, Godzilla vs King Ghidorah was supposed to feature King Kong but Toho couldn't get the rights.

I would like to see that movie made and I wonder if Toho will have any say in the matter and push for that movie to be made?

If Pacific Rim is a financial success then I would guess Mechagodzilla being in the sequel would also be a possibility.