View Single Post
Old July 10 2013, 03:14 PM   #72
TheSubCommander
Captain

Re: Mulgrew so awful to Jeri Ryan she had to date Braga for protection

It's the Gates McFadden thing all over again, but they brought Crusher back after her missing season. Jennifer Lien getting fired probably destroyed moral for the actors on the set though.
It has been years since I sat down and watched the extras on the Voyager DVDs, but I do remember some of the actors, when talking about Lien, were sad to see her go. They didn't, of course, say anything about Ryan coming on board. But human nature being what it is, if what those actors were saying was true and they missed Lien, they could have at least initially resented having to work with Ryan, the reason Lien was essentially fired.

Mulgrew had no reason to complain. As captain, she always remained the lead character on the show.
Well, we don't know if any of this is true, but if it is, it could be any reason they didn't get along. Sometimes, people just don't like other people who didn't say or do anything wrong, and it is as simple as that, too. And, it doesn't mean a person is evil for not liking someone else for that, either.

But that said, and I am not saying I agree with it, but I can understand why Mulgrew would feel threatened. Ryan has not given me any reason to think she isn't anything other than she presents herself in public appearances, nor has Mulgrew for that matter, but I think one thing people must keep in mind is that actors and actresses go into acting (to varying degrees, and it is based on the individual) for the accolades and desire to be the center of attention. Some actors and actresses are very personally insecure, and anyone or anything that can potentially take that attention away (real or imagined), can cause anxiety for that actor or actress. This can be a reason for them to lash out.
TheSubCommander is offline   Reply With Quote