Thread: The Ashes 2013
View Single Post
Old July 10 2013, 10:35 AM   #3
Botany Bay
Commodore

Re: The Ashes 2013

Given the events of the last twelve months (shock retirements, "homeworkgate", a near team mutiny, a coach sacked a month before the Ashes), you can make a case for 5-0 England, but I think our bowling attack has some bite, and we'll be in the series if we can find some stability at the top of the batting and keep England in the field a long time - this is a big if though!

It's hard to see England giving up the Ashes on home soil with four of their greatest all time players in the side in Anderson, Swann, Pietersen and Cook, but in the right conditions I see us giving your bats a tough time, and generally a closer series than the last two, but the proven class of England at home will likely be too much. That said I really hope we steal the first test and put England under some pressure.

Prediction : England 3-1

The crucial first toss of the series has been won by England, who will bat first on a pitch tailor made for Swann to cause nightmares on his home ground.
"Sometimes I get the feeling the only way we could achieve a STAR TREK segment on budget would be to have 60 minutes of Mr. Spock playing kazoo solo as Captain Kirk holds him in his arms while standing in a telephone booth."
Bob Justman, 1967.
Botany Bay is offline   Reply With Quote