View Single Post
Old July 10 2013, 02:57 AM   #62
Awesome Possum
I've Rebooted Myself

View Awesome Possum's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Awesome Possum Send a message via AIM to Awesome Possum
Re: Orson Scott Card "Please don't boycott my film!"

DalekJim wrote: View Post
I did, and I disagreed with it. A bunch of liberals making a huge song and dance about not seeing a movie adaptation of a book they've never bothered to read anyway, isn't a genuine protest. It's just making a virtue of being offended.
I'm more offended by his begging for people to see his movie than his idiotic comments. He has spent his career and likely whole life attacking a minority, now he's crying because there is some blowback. Like a child with a toy gun crying because after an afternoon of shooting at people got hit himself.

I said that I do tolerate what he says and would defend his right to say them. Tolerance isn't seeing a movie because you can't stand the author's views. Tolerance is allowing him to say it despite the fact that they're disgusting because he has a right to. It should be a simple enough concept for anyone.

I don't want to see the movie purely because I have no interest in it. I doesn't appeal to me. If there are good reviews I might check it out, but will most likely wait for Netflix. It actually has little to do with the author.

BillJ wrote: View Post
I guess I'm confused.

Someone is allowed to openly bash gay folks, but I'm the bad guy because I decide not to purchase their product because I disagree...
Well, I think somebody should be allowed to openly bash gay folks, just as you should be allowed to say Orson Card is a douche for bashing gays.
You certainly seem to get upset at the idea though.
These are the spectacular adventures of Space Dandy and his brave space crew. In space.
Awesome Possum is offline   Reply With Quote