View Single Post
Old July 9 2013, 08:41 PM   #3
Sran
Fleet Captain

Re: Which Topic Should Have Been Explored Further

dub wrote: View Post
  • Undercover Changelings in the Alpha Quadrant - This was probably the most scary idea in DS9 to me. Anybody could be a changeling. They explored this idea for awhile, then it went away and we mostly just saw the female changeling for the rest of the series.
The writers hinted at this by having various characters (Bashir, Martok, Lovok) be replaced by Changelings throughout the series later seasons. I always thought it would have been interesting if one of the Founders had rebelled against his own people, perhaps desiring to establish order through peaceful means instead of military conquest.

dub wrote:

• Exploration of the Gamma Quadrant - I know DS9 wasn't supposed to be a show about exploration, but with the wormhole right there and the Dominion dominating that quadrant, how fascinating would it have been to explore more worlds or encounter even more aliens on the other side of the wormhole?
Part of me wishes that the Dominion War had happened on two fronts, with some of the action happening in the Gamma Quadrant. This would have allowed for some exploration even as the war storyline was moved along.

dub wrote:

• The Maquis - They were the focus of a few episodes mid-series, but what happened to them during the Dominion War? How do they feel about the Dominion, especially after things start looking bad for Cardassia?
As far as I know, the Maquis were wiped out by the Dominion shortly after they came into the Alpha Quadrant. Aside from a few small cells, they weren't a factor in the Dominion War at all. "Blaze of Glory" was their finale, more or less. We learned later that their organization crumbled due to raids by the Jem'Hadar.

dub wrote:

• Terok Nor backstory - I loved these episodes. Seeing Odo, Dukat and even Quark in their past lives. It would have been interesting seeing the station built, Dukat taking over, what happened when Cardassians had to give up the station, etc.
There is a novel trilogy that deals with this. I've never read the books, but they give a lot of information about how Terok Nor came to be and how it's occupants factored into the Occupation.

--Sran