View Single Post
Old July 9 2013, 05:44 PM   #329
RyanKCR
Vice Admiral

Re: Why are Creationists so afraid of Evolution?

Awesome Possum wrote: View Post
It isn't the root of all evil. But people who are smart enough are able to use it to justify anything to the people who follow them. Those people do truly believe and I don't think they're evil, just brainwashed. Most of the time the people preaching it are just as brainwashed, so it's basically a sad cycle of abuse.

I'm sure that religion could be done in such a way that it didn't lead to abuse, but that isn't happening anytime soon. Really the closest would be if Christians actually did what Jesus told them to do and help the poor and love everyone like they love themselves. But they rather try to control the lives of everyone around them. They're really lucky it's a myth, I doubt a single one would actually make it to Heaven. Heaven would only be Jesus, Old Yeller and Mr. Rogers.
Jesus also told people to stop sinning and turn from evil. He also told His followers to tell the Good News that everyone can be saved and to do so means turning from their sin. This was His main message. What you mentioned is only a part of what He said.
RyanKCR is offline   Reply With Quote