View Single Post
Old July 9 2013, 04:03 PM   #7
RandyS
Vice Admiral

View RandyS's Twitter Profile
Re: Does anyone have VHS recordings from the 1980's syndication run?

BoredShipCapt'n wrote: View Post
RandyS wrote: View Post
I used to have the entire series off one of my local stations, but I ditched them nine years ago when the DVD set came out.

I also had that Return of Starbuck tape from Goodtimes home video, but when the DVD set came out..well, you get the idea.

Any reason in particular why you want them? I would think you'd prefer the DVD's. Are you looking for something specific that the DVD sets don't have?
Yes, the DVD has a small deletion of dialogue near the end of Living Legend part 1. I was hoping to get a sound clip from someone who still had it on tape. The deletion was made before the SciFi Channel started rerunning the show in the Nineties, which is why I need a recording from the Eighties.
In that case, I suggest looking for a VHS copy of MISSION GALACTICA. It's an edited version of The Living Legend and Fire In Space with new dialogue edited in. You can probably find one on Amazon, or half a dozen other sites that sells those kinds of things. Or used stores around your home. We have plenty of those around here.

What was edited out? I watched my DVD of The Living Legend a couple of months ago, and I didn't notice anything.