View Single Post
Old July 9 2013, 01:16 PM   #318
KGator
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Scotty and his military comment

The Mighty Monkey of Mim wrote: View Post
KGator wrote: View Post
Japan's Self Defense Force IS A MILITARY ORGANIZATION!!!
Legally, it is not. Look it up.
You are actually incorrect. This may be YOUR interpretation of their constitution but if you delve a little deeper you will learn the truth isn't so black and white. The Japanese (the authority that actually matters here) have concluded that they have the legal authority to create and maintain a restricted size military force for the purpose of self-defense. Not only has the United States concurred with this assessment but we also helped organize, train and equip these self defense forces.

And you don't have to take my word for it but I have actually met members of the Japanese Military. I watched them train their Patriot Missile Battalions in New Mexico. Now while Crazy Eddie might contend that I was mistaken and this was simply a local Japanese police force augmenting their ability to intercept and apprehend feeing criminals at low to medium altitudes . . . I think the truth is actually much simpler.

The bottom line is that, your legal opinion notwithstanding, a Japanese military is not as illegal as you think.
KGator is offline   Reply With Quote