View Single Post
Old July 8 2013, 03:52 PM   #34
Re: The X-Files: for want of a modern cellphone...

Modern tech would not preclude a show like The X-Files or Kolchak: The Night Stalker if well written, particularly given the films and shows that have been produced over the past few years featuring vampires and zombies and all sort of paranormal stuff.

If done badly then one could find all sorts of reasons why it sucks. If done well people would tune in.

Speaking for myself I see something of an evolution over the years. Way back we had Kolchak: The Night Stalker and then some years later we got the film Silence Of The Lambs. Next we get Chris Carter's The X-Files inspired by Kolchak but he makes the investigators FBI agents rather than a reporter and one of the investigators could have been inspired (consciously or not) by FBI agent Patrice Starling (Jodie Foster) in Silence Of The Lambs. From The X-Files we next get the Men In Black movies which spoof the subject matter. Now we've got all sorts of films and shows featuring vampires, zombies and other weird shit. Mind you this monster materiel has always been around in film but they seem to be everywhere presently.

So the trick now would be where to take it from here. They tried to reboot Kolchak, but from what I understand (I never got to see it) it wasn't very good.
STAR TREK: 1964-1991, 2013-?
Warped9 is online now   Reply With Quote