View Single Post
Old July 8 2013, 10:40 AM   #254
Belz...
Fleet Captain

Re: Scotty and his military comment

Crazy Eddie wrote: View Post
That's the whole point of CREATING a strawman argument: so that people will discuss THAT instead of what's actually being proposed.
Ok I'll give you that little detail. But I repeat, for the last time, that the CNC addressing the question in a way that would seem to confirm her suspicions meant she had a point, and that it wasn't a strawman.

Which is nevertheless a misrepresentation of Spock's proposal that they NEGOTIATE the dismantling of their space stations along the neutral zone.
No, it's a discussion of the consequences. Very clear.

Also remember the Klingons asking Kirk if he's willing to give up starfleet. I guess everybody is enjoying the same strawman, right ? Well, it's not a strawman if everyone thinks it's going to happen.
And Starfleet is a fictional organization, which means you actually know nothing about it.
Wrong. I know a whole lot about it because I watch the show. My point is that we can compare between characters, but if you start comparing what characters know to what real people know, the fictional ones are going to lose, because they don't exist. Apples to apples, please.

The Onmyouza Theatre: an unofficial international fanclub dedicated to the Japanese heavy metal band Onmyo-Za.
Belz... is offline   Reply With Quote