View Single Post
Old July 8 2013, 01:39 AM   #10
Christopher
Writer

Re: How excited are you about the new Ninja Turtles movie?

^Yeah, the costumes in TMNT 3 were a big step down in quality. The Henson costumes' animatronics had fluid movement and you could almost buy that they were alive, but the costumes from the third movie had jerkier animatronics so that the facial movements had a more clearly mechanical quality to them.

I tend to agree with TBC -- the best movies are the first one and the fourth/CGI one (which is in continuity with the first three, although its portrayal of the characters is in some ways closer to the comics and the 2003 animated series). And I definitely would've rather seen the makers of the 2007 TMNT do more CG-animated sequels.

I have zero interest in Michael Bay's version. Especially since they cast William Fichtner as Shredder and changed the character's name to Eric Sachs. "See what we did there? It's like Oroku Saki but without that pesky foreignness. We can't have any Japanese people in a movie about ninjas!"

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote