View Single Post
Old July 8 2013, 01:13 AM   #95
desertstarlover
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: how many of you realy like the TOS tv show

To me, saying "that is where it all started" is not enough. I was there on day one, in great anticipation and it did not let that 12 year old girl, (me) down. I still watch it every Saturday on MeTV and with great anticipation.

I admit, some episodes are better than others, but I stop and think just how amazing it was to have something like this on TV in the 60's. There was nothing remotely like it. It broke many taboos and it paid the ultimate price.

It was not popular in the deep south, where I am from. I mean A WOMAN, in a command position on the bridge? It didn't get past me that maybe I could be something more than 'barefoot and pregnant' when I grew up. So, I became a software engineer - in Silicon Valley. I attribute my 'brashness and grit' that I could do this to Star Trek.

Let us not forget the contribution that this show has made. I am sure I am not the only female TOS fan with this kind of story to tell.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." ~ Captain Picard - "The Drumhead", Star Trek: The Next Generation
desertstarlover is offline   Reply With Quote