View Single Post
Old July 8 2013, 12:42 AM   #2673
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: STID "tracking" for $85-90 million opening [U.S. box office]

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post

I see once again I am the one single voice.
I hate to spoil your meal of locusts and wild honey, out there crying in the wilderness—really, I do—but I'd appreciate it if you didn't keep trying to make this out to be a contest of you against everyone. Present a solid argument, however, and I'm pretty sure that argument will get all the respect it's due.

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
Its the solid truth...all this are facts ...it is as truthful as saying the earth is round.
That the Earth is round is provable, and thus a fact. What you're bringing are not facts, and repeated earnest declarations that your claims are facts renders them no more factual than they were to begin with. At best, you've got details, and I don't think your interpretation of them is necessarily the correct one.
"Recently my 8 year-old cousin asked me, with a wicked twinkle in his eye, if I'd ever microwaved a banana. I'm terrified to try, but I'm sure whatever happens—splattering, abrupt, radioactive—sounds exactly like an Annie Clark guitar solo."

Last edited by M'Sharak; July 8 2013 at 01:00 AM. Reason: 'earnest' is a better word there
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote