View Single Post
Old July 7 2013, 10:17 PM   #8
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Re: 7 Things That Must Be In MAN OF STEEL 2

Well, that seems like an unlikely laundry list of things to cram into a 2-3 hour sequel. But, as a fan, he's entitled to his opinion about what kinds of stuff from the comics he wants to see adapted to the big screen.

As for Superman Returns, I think the movie had a sufficient amount of action. I think what people objected to was the kind of action in it. For the main climax of the film, I think they wanted to see Superman fight something/someone. Instead, he just threw a giant rock into space.

Personally, I liked Superman Returns a lot better than Man of Steel. Despite its lack of fighting and Lex Luthor's ludicrous plan, I thought it at least felt like a Superman movie; and a very heartfelt one at that. To this day, I still get chills during that bit during the airplane/shuttle rescue sequence where Lois gets her first new glimpse of Superman in 5 years. All of the Superman/Lois/Clark stuff was absolutely right. And, to me, that's the essential core of Superman more than anything else.

Man of Steel set a new standard as far as the scale of superheroics on the big screen. But I just felt that the heart of the film was missing. If you don't have Clark Kent in with the rest of the Daily Planet crowd, I don't think it qualifies as a genuine Superman story. The snappy push-pull between Clark & Lois was totally missing.