View Single Post
Old July 7 2013, 09:21 PM   #2646
CorporalClegg
Vice Admiral

Re: STID "tracking" for $85-90 million opening [U.S. box office]

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
guys please read this article from Entertainment Weekly, one of the most trusted entertainment sites ever

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/07/0...ormances-2013/

trek did not make the list. which means to an extent it has been a box office disappointment. I think it is time for us to face reality and look to the future. I hope next time the producers of trek 3 would not listen to a loud minority of trek fans who are demanding that Trek goes back to TOS Mode.

I am not disrespecting TOS. TOS was great of its time. The series is a classic and it even made EW 100 greatest TV shows of all time.

However TOS is now of the past , what made trek 09 a huge success was because it was bold, fresh , unapologetic and daring. Even with its flaws it is without a doubt an outstanding film.

STiD was much more of a huge fan service to TOS trek fans thereby alienating new fans...The box office is proof of that.

STiD is still a huge success but it was not as successful as the studios intended. world wide the film needs to do 500m for it to be a success without question. Sadly it wont get there.

STiD should have done 270m+ in USA and 500m Worldwide.
The title of the article is "The 15 Most IMPRESSIVE box office performances."

Identity Thief, for example, is one of the worst movies ever made, and it still managed to rake-in $135m. That pretty fucking impressive.

Star Trek did what people expected it to do.