View Single Post
Old July 7 2013, 08:38 PM   #35
Kinokima
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Star trek final frontier directors cut finished

Navigator_NCC2120 wrote: View Post
Thanks for the quick response. So if it had been mentioned or shown that Spock had a half brother during TOS you would accept it, but after TOS you would not accept it, correct?
I don't know it depends on how it was presented. It's not like I enjoy everything the way it was presented in TOS either. Like I said I am just not a fan of the "long lost" family member.

Also not liking and accepting are two different things. I don't have a choice but to accept that Spock has a long lost half brother now but that doesn't mean I have to like it or think it was good writing.

Is there anything you or anyone else would accept or reject about the Spock character's past being revealed after TOS? I ask because I am genuinely curious. I am not trying to offend you or anyone else by asking this. For example, didn't Picard mention attending Spock's wedding in TNG episode "Unification I". Do you accept this or reject this (that Spock remarried)?
I'll admit I don't know because I have not seen the episode and I am not familiar with it (until now).

Whether I like it or not depends on the execution. I am not entirely against the idea of Spock getting married again but I am not a big fan of "romance just for the sake of it".
Kinokima is offline   Reply With Quote