I finally have a defense date set for my PhD and it is only two months away! Yay!
I think in many countries people have already handed in their thesis months before its actual defense but this is not the case here. So, I have two months to:
- Finish and submit a journal I am working on.
- Finish coding a software demo I am working on.
- Fly off to Italy to present a paper and the above demo.
- Actually write my thesis.
- Prepare my defense presentation.
- Prepare all the required paperwork concerning the defense.
I am kind of bored with the paper and the demo; the paper because it is not new and exciting work but extensions of previous work and the demo because I have some implementation issues with PrimeFaces that bug me. However, I am really looking forward to shape all my papers together in a single text and to actually present the whole thing.
And I am really, really
, looking forward to doing nothing after work for at least two ot three months (i.e., until I get bored of sitting and start something new).