View Single Post
Old July 7 2013, 08:11 PM   #2639
serenitytrek1
Commander

Re: STID "tracking" for $85-90 million opening [U.S. box office]

guys please read this article from Entertainment Weekly, one of the most trusted entertainment sites ever

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/07/0...ormances-2013/

trek did not make the list. which means to an extent it has been a box office disappointment. I think it is time for us to face reality and look to the future. I hope next time the producers of trek 3 would not listen to a loud minority of trek fans who are demanding that Trek goes back to TOS Mode.

I am not disrespecting TOS. TOS was great of its time. The series is a classic and it even made EW 100 greatest TV shows of all time.

However TOS is now of the past , what made trek 09 a huge success was because it was bold, fresh , unapologetic and daring. Even with its flaws it is without a doubt an outstanding film.

STiD was much more of a huge fan service to TOS trek fans thereby alienating new fans...The box office is proof of that.

STiD is still a huge success but it was not as successful as the studios intended. world wide the film needs to do 500m for it to be a success without question. Sadly it wont get there.

STiD should have done 270m+ in USA and 500m Worldwide.
serenitytrek1 is offline   Reply With Quote