View Single Post
Old July 7 2013, 04:44 AM   #1180
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Re: Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

A friend just asked me if there was any worthwhile episodes from season 4. They were a fan of the first 3 seasons, but didn't watch it this past season.

In my opinion, I'd say that "Conventions of Space and Time" (she's a Doctor Who fan), ""Herstory of Dance," and "Basic Human Anatomy" were pretty decent (not great, but decent).

I'm on the fence about "Heroic Origins" and "Advanced Introduction to Finality." On one hand, I'm a sucker for interconnected origins (yes, I loved Lost, in part for seeing how everyone was connected) and it was nice to see a continuation of the darkest timeline story. On the other hand, "Heroic Origins" seemed forced and "Advanced Introduction to Finality" killed the darkest timeline in a way that possibly ruins "Remedial Chaos Theory."

I guess this partly depends on what Harmon will or won't use from season 4, but aside from episodes that might tie into next season, on a pure entertainment, non-meta level, did I miss anything from this season that's watchable? Did I include anything that doesn't belong? And how do you guys feel about the last two episodes of the season as far as recommending to a fan of seasons 1-3?
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is online now   Reply With Quote