View Single Post
Old July 6 2013, 05:05 PM   #42
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral
Re: What is your least favourite TNG film

TheSubCommander wrote: View Post
USS Firefly wrote: View Post
Sela is the closest thing Picard had to a "nemesis" in TNG. And with it being the last TNG film, would have been a re-union of sorts to have Denise Crosby.
Or they could have used Tomalak, also an nemesis of Picard
I would have totally been down for that. But Tomalak never seemed EVIL though. Just someone who was more a rival and adversary of Picard, than an out and out nemesis. I don't see Tomalak wanting to commit genocide. Rather, he seemed more like someone who wanted to beat Picard for the glory of besting a worthy adversary that he has a grudging respect for (whether he admits it or not).

Sela, however, just straight up hated Picard's guts and her own human half. I can see her wanting to destroy Earth.
Oh yes, Sela would have worked nicely, but I think her background would have been more confusing and convoluted to non-Trekkies than Shinzon's (Shinzon could be fairly easily described as just "an evil younger clone of Picard," but Sela was "the lookalike half-Romulan daughter of a deceased crewmember from the previous Enterprise in an alternate timeline in which she didn't originally die, but instead forever changed the course of history aboard an even earlier Enterprise").
"Don't sweat the small stuff--it makes you small-minded..."
C.E. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote