View Single Post
Old July 6 2013, 05:05 PM   #42
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

Re: What is your least favourite TNG film

TheSubCommander wrote: View Post
USS Firefly wrote: View Post
Sela is the closest thing Picard had to a "nemesis" in TNG. And with it being the last TNG film, would have been a re-union of sorts to have Denise Crosby.
Or they could have used Tomalak, also an nemesis of Picard
I would have totally been down for that. But Tomalak never seemed EVIL though. Just someone who was more a rival and adversary of Picard, than an out and out nemesis. I don't see Tomalak wanting to commit genocide. Rather, he seemed more like someone who wanted to beat Picard for the glory of besting a worthy adversary that he has a grudging respect for (whether he admits it or not).

Sela, however, just straight up hated Picard's guts and her own human half. I can see her wanting to destroy Earth.
Oh yes, Sela would have worked nicely, but I think her background would have been more confusing and convoluted to non-Trekkies than Shinzon's (Shinzon could be fairly easily described as just "an evil younger clone of Picard," but Sela was "the lookalike half-Romulan daughter of a deceased crewmember from the previous Enterprise in an alternate timeline in which she didn't originally die, but instead forever changed the course of history aboard an even earlier Enterprise").