View Single Post
Old July 6 2013, 03:58 PM   #7
TheMasterOfOrion
Fleet Captain

Re: Do brands like Dora, Dragonball and DoctorWho mark Hollywoods end?

junxon wrote: View Post

so your main points are:

Hollywood is too expensive
YES

junxon wrote: View Post
its biggest threats are email and pokemon
It's biggest threats are the elite in Hollywood are completely out of touch with the common people, they have no current material or fresh material and Hollywood isn't as big in Brazil or Korea and other places as it used it be. How many times do we have to see remake after remake after remake of some production that costs millions and millions, only to barely make spare change at the box office.

and there have been a crazy number of tv cancellations in the past 3 years

congrats for your idiotic sarcastic post and welcome to my block list

Konata Izumi wrote: View Post
American Singfactor Idol bullshit is too alluring for viewership to fall any time soon.
Yeah too many zombie sheep in front of the tv, I guess some people have no artistic taste. They would mindlessly watch a 10 hour commercial featuring goldfish in a bowl and still pay their tv fees

1001001 wrote: View Post
pic
Don't give me that Bill n Ted nonsense,
the people who worked in the movie Industry were White-American, Italian-American, Jewish-American, African-American, Asian-American, Japanese-American, Latino-American...whatever the point is they worked in Hollywood and they were American or at least spoke English. You didn't need translators to get a project going

and I have no problems with foreign directors, diversity is what made America great. Sergio Leone, Ridley Scott, John Woo, Del Toro etc have all made brilliant American films
I have pointed out the demographics have changed in Hollywood, you no longer deal with quality American workers and agents, if you're on a contact it feels like your doing business in Mexico city or HongKong....to do an American film job you should not need to be multi-lingual, if people want to stay, work, live and make babies and be American....cool....give them papers but this dilution of quality will only make things worse for the industry

shivkala wrote: View Post
TheMasterOfOrion wrote: View Post
Hollywood has become too expensive, way too expensive. Costly locations for tv, highly paid actors, unions etc.
Source?
Everyone says it, even Spielberg says their days are numbered

Blockbusters are now way too expensive
most of the big hits are barely breaking even

the tv and movie industry is in for a big change