Send a message via Yahoo to od0_ital
Re: Movies Seen In 2013

Downloaded - free admission
This is the End - free admission
Much Ado About Nothing (2013) - free admission
The Lone Ranger (2013) - free admission
Despicable Me 2 3D - free admission
The Man Who Wasn't There - matinee

That's right, I paid real money to see a movie today, only the second time I've done that this year, too!

The Alamo Drafthouse showed TMWWT in tribute to James Gandolfini, with proceeds goin' to the Central Texas American Heard Association. The Ritz manager was surprised when I told him I wanted to pay for my ticket. He already had the employee sign-in sheet in his hand, ready to hand to me...

I did use my discounts on the tab, though, since those aren't part of the proceeds, just the ticket sales.

The preshow was made up of his Inside the Actor's Studio interview, his Golden Globe win for Best Actor in a Dramatic Role for The Sopranos, and clips from various movie roles includin' The Last Castle, True Romance and The Mexican.

I enjoyed the movie quite a bit, too. Billy Bob Thorton's narration was amusin', and the story was interestin' enough. I don't see the point of it bein' done in black & white, though.

So, yeah, out of 220 "new to me" movies this year, I've only paid to see 2 in theaters.