View Single Post
Old July 5 2013, 11:00 PM   #2608
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Re: STID "tracking" for $85-90 million opening [U.S. box office]

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
I also challenge the idea that Star Trek is more "artistic" than Star Wars. The content is always open for debate, and the prequels are, of course, always fair game. However, it's hard for one to argue that Star Wars (and probably ESB) isn't one of the most artistically influential films of all time without looking like a bumpkin.
I'm a big-time Star Trek fan. But The Empire Strikes Back is just a fucking awesome movie.

I loved loved loved Empire Sticks Back, however I kind of feel it is overrated a little bit. Especially with the whole I am your father thing.

That scene just proved that most male fans and even film critics never read a decent thriller or watched a good soap opera. if they did , it would not have come as a HUGE shock to them when Vader revealed himself to be Luke's dad.

Most series always have that kind of typical plot twist. I guess I am one of the few that wasn't shocked when Vader told Luke he was his daddy.

I was like....oh yeah..,cool but not surprised.

Perhaps, all my years of watching Mexican soap operas paid off.
It's not the "twist" itself, but its conceit that makes it one of the great moments in film.