View Single Post
Old July 5 2013, 02:25 AM   #50
Clancy_s
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Developments you'd like to see in the NTrekverse

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
Its just that the whole uhura hate has been so unfair. I do think overall Uhura is a stong woman. Did anyone remember Spock words to kirk about uhura when she went to face the Klingon.

Am not sure I can put in in quote but Spock said something about trying not to bring the wrath of uhura upon himself and Kirk.

If Spock, a cold logical Vulcan can get scared of her. Then it does say something about her character and personality.

Of course most people wont pick on that. they are too busy hating and calling her a weakling.

oh well...
Spock essentially said that Kirk would call down the wrath of both the Klingons and Lieutenant Uhura on himself (ie on Kirk) if he interrupted her. I don't think Spock's ever just called her Uhura - it's Lieutenant Uhura on duty, Nyota personally, which I like.

I've not seen any generalised Uhura hate - wrong threads or wrong boards I guess. My main point was that I think the timing of that segment was poor. However I accept that in such an action packed movie there was no good time for it. It didn't work for me the way JJ intended it to, but then I'm a long way from his target audience.
Clancy_s is offline   Reply With Quote