View Single Post
Old July 5 2013, 01:31 AM   #2775
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Red She-Hulk #67, the conclusion to the two arc saga about Betty seeing a horrid future with ties to the Order of the Shield and the Terranometer. It's not that the story was bad, but for the 9 issues , in two parts, that it's taken it felt more decompressed. I think the decompression is just one of the things that kept people from staying on board with this title. An arc of this type should've been slated for later on, after establishing a firmer readership. This title needed a few short arcs with Betty on adventures, too bogged down, too early.
The short of it is, after defeating General Fortean and his new Super Soldiers, preventing the horrible possible future she saw she was going to form a partnership with the Order of the SHIELD.
This team, it appears, would've been both She-Hulks(Jen&Betty), Machine Man and Man-Thing. The Tesla hologram likely would've been in tow as an advisor but had limited offensive capabilities.
Obviously the Man-Thing fan in me likes(ed) that Manny would've been a semi-regular in a book again. This title was just too grandiose too early.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote