View Single Post
Old July 5 2013, 12:08 AM   #150
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Re: Why are Creationists so afraid of Evolution?

SonOfMogh wrote: View Post
What I don't understand is why Creationism is even 'on the table' as far as adult discussions about the nature of the universe go?

There are plenty of possibilities and to be fair there's a lot more unknown currently than known, I just don't know why we can't just admit there are massive gaps in our knowledge that we one day hope to fill, instead of making something ridiculous up instead.

Don't get me wrong, if we really dig deep and in the future discover some supreme being created everything then great, if anything that's one of the more optimistic and interesting possibilities. But until there's a shred of evidence even hinting at this possibility, why not just shelve it along with other superstitions like walking under a ladder or the number 13.
It's what will happen when you accept a belief that all opinions are equally valid. However, I agree with Asimov that someone's opinion from ignorance is not equal to another's informed opinion.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote