View Single Post
Old July 4 2013, 08:07 PM   #19
The Baby Stig
Rear Admiral

Re: Do I need to Watch Razor?

DalekJim wrote: View Post
kirk55555 wrote: View Post
I just really want to know what happens. I'm really interested in the last 5 cylon thing, and what will happen to them (and who the fifth one is). I'm also interested to see how the show ends, and if they make it to Earth.
Get ready to be horrifically disappointed.
While I had a certain fondness for the idea that Leoben told Kara the truth about a certain character way back in S1, I don't think that the final Cylon could have been anyone else.

That said, I'm beyond done with gaius baltar, religious icon.
Oh man, you're so gonna hate where this show is going if you dislike the religious angle . It has just about the worst handling of religion I've seen in a show.
Nah, Deep Space Nine was shockingly bad. BSG did a decent job. While I could take or leave Baltar's cult, it was interesting to see how the refugees would align themselves as they grasped at any kind of meaning in their miserable existence.

I love the first 2 seasons of BSG. After that it's clear RDM had absolutely no idea where he was going, as plotlines would stop and start at random with only some vague "God did it!" explanation.
There was a definite break in tone between S2 and S3, mostly because the show moved from an extremely tight timeline of a few months to the year spent in Baltar's hair down on New Caprica. It also moved towards giving almost equal time to the Cylons and their POV. As things progressed, the inescapable divine force that drove the series from day one became more and more prevalent. If you weren't a fan of HeadSix being an 'angel from God,' then I can certainly see how the second half of the series would pose some challenges.

You can't, however, claim that there isn't a clear through-line from beginning to end of the series. For the completely slap-dash way the show was crafted from year to year, it hangs together pretty nicely and the themes that originated in the miniseries were paid off in the finale.

Oddly, I really liked the show Caprica despite its flaws. I thought it was going somewhere really interesting.
Caprica was a hot mess and it never went anywhere, ever.

All we know is, he's The Baby Stig.