View Single Post
Old July 4 2013, 05:01 AM   #176
Cap'n Calhoun
Cadet

Re: Into Darkness and the novelverse [SPOILERS]

Christopher wrote: View Post
Paper Moon wrote: View Post
That's actually awesome. Hadn't heard that; if you don't mind my asking, do you have a source?
IIRC, it was one of Roberto Orci's comments in a thread on TrekMovie.com, but I can't seem to find the quote at the moment. Maybe I'm misremembering and I read it somewhere else.
Here you go. From source: http://trekmovie.com/2013/05/15/stic...d-open-thread/:

54. GermanTrekker - May 15, 2013
@boborci: Khan does work for me in this one! But I also understand some of the critics who say Khan is a Sigh from India and should therefore be portrayed by a non-caucasian actor. There is a very interesting article on wikipedia that says Khan was orgiginally supposed to be a Nordic-superman named Harold Ericcsen in the first draft of “Space Seed”. So my question to the writing team: did you took anything from the development history of the character or is this just a coincidence? (“Nordic” look of Cumberbatch plus the name John Harrison that comes very close to Harold Ericcsen, which you couldnīt use of course)

58. boborci - May 15, 2013
54. Not a coincidence. Inspired by Ericsen. In fact, we shot the movie using the name Ericsenn but decided it would give it away so we cheated the name Harrison into everyone’s mouth!

Last edited by Cap'n Calhoun; July 4 2013 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Capitalization
Cap'n Calhoun is offline   Reply With Quote