View Single Post
Old July 3 2013, 09:44 PM   #117
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Re: World War Z ratings/spoilers

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
Yeah, I know what little they showed of the military fighting the zombies in The Walking Dead (hence my remark about "not showing it in any detail"), just as I knew what was in the novel of World War Z when you told me everything that happened in that too. Explaining things that I've already seen and read too and that don't alter my point in any way is not really useful.

The point is that how the zombies took over the world in TWD is not really important to the story. It's just something that had to happen in order to get to the story they really wanted to tell, which is that of a small group of survivors learning to cope in the aftermath of this massive ongoing tragedy.
Indeed, TWD isn't so much about zombies as it is about the characters and society trying to rebuild itself.

Since seeing WWZ and TWD S1 and S2 I've been thinking a lot about the "Zombie Apocalypse" when I look at people and I'm pretty much convinced the vast majority of the people I see every day wouldn't survive. I mean when you can barely go the the grocery store and buy food without making it the world's most difficult decision it'd be pretty hard to survive on one's own instincts and foraging for food on your own.

Hell, after a week or so past running out of my medication I wouldn't be able to make it because by then my seizures and headaches would likely cripple me.