View Single Post
Old July 3 2013, 07:34 PM   #14
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: 2013 NBA Offseason Thread...

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
Whatever happens with the Howard situation, I hope he doesn't come to the Warriors. He's a cancer
I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Borgminister wrote: View Post
Sran wrote: View Post
What I find kind of ironic is Golden State trying to unload Lee after that melodrama last year in the playoffs...
Not ironic at all. He's not that good and doesn't really fit the defensive identity Mark Jackson's trying to build there. Then again, neither do Curry, Thompson, or Barnes, but at least they try on the defensive end. Lee's a complete liability there.

--Sran
He's an all-star.
Yes. He can board his ass off and score down low. These are skills any team can use.

HaventGotALife wrote: View Post
Clippers land Redick, Dudley in 3-team trade

The Los Angeles Clippers, Phoenix Suns and Milwaukee Bucks have pulled off a three-team trade, according to sources.

The Clippers have traded Caron Butler and Eric Bledsoe to the Suns, and J.J. Redick and Jared Dudley have been dealt to the Clippers. Redick is expected to sign a four-year, $27 million deal, according to sources.

The Bucks will receive two second-round picks in the trade -- one from the Clippers and one from the Suns -- according to sources.
Why would anyone outside of Clipperland do this deal? It's ridiculously bad for the other two teams.
Must be a salary dump for some or all of the other teams.

Funny how Iggy sniffed at 56 million from Sacto and had the offer rescinded...

It may take a few years, but Sacto will rise again. From the ashes, yes, but still, rise.
That was wierd. Wonder what happened? Doesn't Sacto have new owners, or aren't they getting new owners?

Well, Dwight is being smart this time and speeding up the process probably in order to quell the "diva" and "drama queen" talk. I expect he will make his decision known in a few days. July 10th is the first day they can sign, so we will probably know something before then.

Whatever he decides, I'm not too worried about the Lakers, though I'd be a lot more "not worried" if Dr. Buss were still around. Our down time between contending teams has averaged about 3 years and some fans complain bitterly even about that. Yeah, we're spoiled.
gblews is online now   Reply With Quote