View Single Post
Old July 3 2013, 07:11 PM   #47
Dale Sams
Fleet Captain

Re: What's your opinion of Gul Dukat?

Charles Phipps wrote: View Post
Dale Sams wrote: View Post

And what he did exactly is never resolved, all we have are his insane rantings. Sisko hasn't learned anything new except for everything Gul Crazypants admitted too after being led by the nose in that direction by Sisko. So what makes Dukat 'pure evil' now, and not before the episode?
I took it as Dukat regrets nothing and would have done WORSE if he could.
Possibly. But again, he's insane. Why is all the usual 'just following orders, I tried to be nice (at least relative to other Cardassians)" stuff'...BS lies he tells himself.

But the 'regrets nothing and wishes he could kill them all' stuff is THE TRUE DUKAT?...other than the fact that Sisko (and hence us) like it when things are black and white?

The ironic thing is Sisko is saying half the episode 'What are you wanting me to say? What is it you're wanting to hear'...but as soon as he gets Dukat to say what Sisko wants to hear, he knocks him out with a pipe.

tl;dr....Dukat is insane and anything he says that does or does not confirm whatever narrative we want to create for him should not be trusted.

edit: And why would a guy who wanted to murder billions regret killing one Trill woman?
Dale Sams is offline   Reply With Quote