View Single Post
Old July 3 2013, 06:51 PM   #364
Donny
Commander

Re: TOS Enterprise Interiors -- Unreal 3 Engine

Redfern wrote: View Post
Donny? You have the patience of a saint!

While it's great we have people who are so "knowledgable" about the designs and are so willing to "share" that information, there comes a point of diminishing returns for the effort put into "revisions". I fear I would be several factors past the point of, "That's it! Here are the tools and files; you do it!"
Nah, I'm enjoying all the input. I've never worked in such a way before, and having the extra eyes, mouths, and minds helps drive me to create a better product.

However, it does seem that some of the more conjectural pieces I include in the project will raise some eyebrows. At the end of the day, although I take in and listen to the differing views, I have to remember that it is my project, and those conjectural pieces will be my artistic mark.

I'm finding it increasingly difficult, however, to stay true to the "End of Season 3" rule, and will have to change that rule into more of a guideline. Obviously, there isn't enough time in the world for me to create more variations of these sets in their entirety for every difference we find between the sets from episode to episode. But there are also "set pieces", like the mirror from the exam room featured in "The Deadly Years", that I feel compelled to include due to the novelty of such items. I personally feel these rendering would be incomplete without such novelty items, despite their happenstance absence from some Season 3 episodes.

Therefore, my new rule is that this project is set during a conjectural "Season 4", or "Year 4 of the 5 Year Mission", and that any differences from the late Season 3 sets we can justify by saying that "it got changed before the production of Season 4", for lack of a better way to say it. (Hey, at least I'm not invoking Abrams' alternate universe justification, where everything could go out the window!) Everyone please know that I will not abuse this new rule, and will continue to stay as true to the source material as possible.

This seems to be the best solution to make myself and others happy.

http://rigel7studios.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Donny; July 3 2013 at 08:53 PM.
Donny is offline   Reply With Quote