View Single Post
Old July 3 2013, 06:44 PM   #1088
davejames
Vice Admiral

Re: MAN OF STEEL - Grading & Discussion

Emher wrote: View Post
I didn't really mind since didn't numb me in the same way that Transformers 3's action did. That was just a constant assault on the senses for a huge portion of the movie, this I actually got involved way more in.
Yeah it helped that the movie had actually got me emotionally invested in the story by that point, so I cared about what Superman was doing and wanted to see him prevail.

Plus it was basically just Superman vs Zod, so it wasn't THAT hard to follow the action-- unlike the TF movies were there's about a dozen different robots and humans running around and you can barely keep track of who's doing what.

Tosk wrote: View Post
And in 2006 he was philosophical about his place in the chain:

"This torch is kind of heavy. Before being handed to me, it was passed from one talented artist to another - from comic book illustrators, to animators, to musicians, to writers, and other filmmakers - continuing a tradition that was started by two kids from Ohio back in 1938. [...] Eventually it will be passed to someone else, and like me, they'll quickly realize how heavy it is. But also like myself, they'll have the support and strength of not just the artist around them, but all those who came before."
He also had some interesting comments about SR in the EW article a few weeks back. Talking about how it was supposed to be a nostalgic tribute to the Donner movies, and how he realizes now that's probably not the kind of Superman movie people were expecting to see.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote