View Single Post
Old July 3 2013, 12:13 PM   #1085
Tosk
Rear Admiral

Re: MAN OF STEEL - Grading & Discussion

AllStarEntprise wrote: View Post
I know he followed X-Men in his youth and in college. Superman though... Outside the Donner movies. I don't think it was really his cup of tea and it was more of a job he netted after making successful X-Men films.
You could be right, he may just be a fan of Superman: The Movie rather than Superman himself.

He did say this though; "I'm very anxious to see the new one. I'm a fan of Zack Snyder, so I'm actually really anxious to see it." If he's not a big Supes fan, but he is a Snyder fan, not much reason for him to cry, surely?

And in 2006 he was philosophical about his place in the chain:

"This torch is kind of heavy. Before being handed to me, it was passed from one talented artist to another - from comic book illustrators, to animators, to musicians, to writers, and other filmmakers - continuing a tradition that was started by two kids from Ohio back in 1938. [...] Eventually it will be passed to someone else, and like me, they'll quickly realize how heavy it is. But also like myself, they'll have the support and strength of not just the artist around them, but all those who came before."
Tosk is offline   Reply With Quote