View Single Post
Old July 3 2013, 12:51 AM   #636
TheGoodNews
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Roddenberry's Worst Ideas

Belz... wrote: View Post
TheGoodNews wrote: View Post
See my above comments. There was the Spanish Revolution and the Kibbutz movement. Also, in the U.S. there was the San Francisco Diggers which included actor Peter Coyote and engaged in many moneyless activities.
I'm not asking for people who want to get rid of money. I know those exist. I'm asking for states who had none for an appreciable amount of time and it worked.
Go to 21:45 on the video below. They interview three old timers from Spain who talk about the time money was abolished in their community:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN5TbqzxQBg

This was a large and ambitious movement.

"There were commercial dealings with other collectives on the basis of barter. The value of produce was agreed by general consent. Rarely was money the basis for intercourse. The collective was affiliated to the regional federation of collectives and was based on solidarity and mutual aid. Man's exploitation of his fellow man was abolished utterly." The CNT in the Spanish Revolution by Jose Peirats.

Last edited by TheGoodNews; July 3 2013 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Computer went out b4 finishing.
TheGoodNews is offline   Reply With Quote