View Single Post
Old July 3 2013, 12:27 AM   #16
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady

Re: Equinox

teacake wrote:
Timewalker wrote: View Post
Your first point is quite logical.

However, the second... not if you're going to call the show Star Trek: Voyager instead of Star Trek: Galactica.
Not sure which point is which and whose and what?

But a bit of breaking down under huge stress makes sense.
I was referring to this, posted by vulcan redshirt:
vulcan redshirt wrote: View Post
Given that Voyager started before the Dominion War kicked off, and Equinox went eariler still, but still after the wormhole was found, could Equinox have initially have tried to get to the Gamma quadrant end of the wormhole, but found their path completely blocked by space belonging to the 'Krotownon Guard' and being forced to go directly to the Beta Quadrant, in the same way that Voyager did, since they couldn't go around Krowtonan Space. Hence a slightly different flightpath, and the fact that none of the species back up near the Caretaker Array had seen 'a similar ship about 6 months ago', when first encountered by Voyager.

At least they did the Dreadnought ep, implying that other items from the Alpha quadrant did survive the journey.

In the light of the way NuBSG worked out, should Voyager have gone down the rout of perhaps running into a few other Alpha and Beta quadrant ships and forming a ragtag fleet, all trying to get home, but with the likely conflict generated by having a mixed fleet from different species, not all of whom get along?
The reference to when the Equinox got ship-napped by the Caretaker (after the first wormhole is discovered, yet before the Dominion War) giving them the idea to head for that wormhole, instead of taking the same route Voyager did. That's what I consider logical.

The "ragtag fleet" is what I would call "Star Trek: Galactica" and is an idea I don't like at all.

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote