View Single Post
Old July 2 2013, 11:13 PM   #353
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Re: TOS Enterprise Interiors -- Unreal 3 Engine

@137th Gebirg

Yes, we tried to decipher a color code of the doors but couldn't arrive at a satisfactory conclusion. In "The Naked Time" turbo lift doors were blue in apparently three diferent locations but other than that they are usually red, just as those doors that are apparently bulkheads.

Yellow could literally mean anything. From the Season One engine room to the door of the laboratory to the Season Two / Three multi-purpose room (sometimes red) etc.

GSchnitzer wrote: View Post
I think the practical purpose of these set decorations was to provide Khan some weapons that were naively unattended in the 23rd century with which he could threaten McCoy.
Yes, undoubtedly.

In the end, I think it makes more sense to show users of this video game something that's interesting and with which they are familiar.
Well, the users can examine the antique surgical tools in McCoy's expanded collection in his office, can't they?

Besides, I could also argue that instead of the antique tools I'd expect to see the mirror Miss Chapel used to fix her hair in "The Naked Time" (because according to my examinations it's the same Medical Ward 4 from Season One).

You are talking about a prop from the Season One sickbay set which, IMHO, is totally out of place here because we're looking at the medical ward of Season Two plus Three and a different one (out of the four that must exist) than seen in the first season.

I think patients probably watch all the numerous ship's theater performances on their bedside swing-arm monitors, rather than have to climb out of bed and hobble over to watch it on a monitor in the corner of the room.
But that's exactly the problem with the third bed, it does not have any swing-arm monitor.

And now I realize I have to pester Donny with question: Why is there a wall in such close proximity to the third bed which apparently doesn't exist if we look at the various "third bed footage"?

Bob
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote