View Single Post
Old July 2 2013, 11:11 PM   #30
J. Allen
Remember... Remember.

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Why are Creationists so afraid of Evolution?

Portal wrote: View Post
Has the Big Bang Theory been proven?
Are you asking whether the expansion of the universe from a single focal point has been verified? I ask this because science doesn't quite work like your question seems to want it to work.

Current observations of the universe, along with mathematical evidence, support the notion of a big bang. Of course, like all things, some aspects of it may change over time as more evidence is observed. Science isn't like a religion. Nothing is every truly 100% absolute, not even the theory of gravity.

Portal wrote: View Post
JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Who defined what perfection is?
Well, I think current Church teaching is that the Bible creation story is an allegory. So I guess you can believe in creationism and evolution at the same time.
Fundamentalist mainline churches teach that the Bible is literal, and that the Creation story is actual history. Still, most moderate Christians seem to reconcile evolution with their belief in a Judeo-Christian God, and see the Creation story as allegorical.
I've noticed that about your people, Doctor. You find it easier to understand the death of one than the death of a million. You speak about the objective hardness of the Vulcan heart, yet how little room there seems to be in yours. - Spock, The Immunity Syndrome

Leonard Nimoy: 1931 - 2015
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote