View Single Post
Old July 2 2013, 05:43 PM   #17
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Re: ABC's Happy Endings cancelled

I never saw Happy Endings as Friends: The Next Generation, beyond being about a group of late-20/early 30-something people. If anything, aside from the location, I felt Happy Endings owed more to Scrubs than Friends. Aside from both using Eliza Coupe, Happy Endings did the quick-cut away that Scrubs used for a character's (usually JD's) imagination. However, Happy Endings usually did it for a flashback to what the character was talking about.

Edited to add: Looks like it's been a week for Eliza Coupe.

Happy Endings star Eliza Coupe and her husband Randall Whittinghill are to divorce.

Whittinghill – an acting coach - has filed divorce papers, claiming that they have split due to irreconcilable differences.
The divorce filing comes days after Sony Pictures confirmed it has given up its search for a new network for Happy Endings, following its cancellation by ABC.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote