View Single Post
Old July 2 2013, 07:04 AM   #583
Kirsten Beyer
Writer

Re: VOY: The Eternal Tide by Kirsten Beyer Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Hi Charles,

I'm glad you enjoyed many parts of the book. Regarding your specific issues...I've removed the spoiler tags because really, ten months later....

Charles Phipps wrote: View Post

1. The summary killing of Amanda Rogers, when she and Q2 were so cute is TERRIBLE.

2. The destruction of the Cooperative is such a disappointment to me since I've been hoping to see them in the Novelverse for years.

3. Furthermore, they're just rushed off stage afterward. What the hey!

4. Why didn't the book reflect more on Janeway's resurrection versus the B-plot? Having her come to terms with everything that happened with the Borg in Destiny seems like it'd be a pretty big deal.

5. I'm also not pleased at Janeway reflecting on "Sacred Ground" having a scientific explanation when that was obviously just the Doctor grasping at straws.

Yes, Amanda's death was terrible. It was supposed to be terrible.

Re: the Cooperative....I didn't actually destroy them...The Caeliar absorbed them in Destiny...all but the 47 who chose to remain behind to care for the children. As to them being rushed off the stage...well, not every plot that is introduced is resolved entirely in every book I write. This happens for a lot of reasons...usually because I know where it's going eventually and I am as certain as it is possible to be that I will have the opportunity later to complete it. Sometimes, it's just not possible to do everything in one book. This is one of those times.

Re: Janeway coming to terms with the repercussions of her past decisions....well, again, that is a big process and one that would never have fit neatly into TET. We see the beginning, because that's all we have time for here. The next steps on that long journey begin in the next book.

Re: Sacred Ground...what Christopher said. Full stop.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Best,
Kirsten Beyer
Kirsten Beyer is offline   Reply With Quote