View Single Post
Old July 2 2013, 01:30 AM   #868
OBXTrekkie
Lieutenant

Re: Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Howdy folks, thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Melinda, my friends call me Mel. I'm a Mom of 4 (2 grown and 2 littles), writer, professional artist, beach bum and total Trekkie.

I was introduced to Star Trek TOS when I was a little kid in the mid-70s and watched it in reruns with my older brothers. My first spisode was "Spock's Brain" and I was hooked.

Over the years I've enjoyed all the shows to varying degrees, but TOS was always my fave. I love the Abrams reboot, and the new cast is doing a great job, IMO. I loved Into Darkness, inspite of a few "What...seriously?" moments, I though it was very well done and I enjoyed it from start to finish.

My love for Trek carries over into all of my hobbies in some way or the other. I currently have a Trek fic in progress at fanfiction. net, titled One Sacred Moment. My user name there is OBXTrekkie also.

I make my living creating a selling life like art dolls, and among them have a been a few baby Vulcans (one of which I still have in my personal collection) and an Andorian baby.

I'm so glad I found this forum and I'm looking forward to getting to know some more Trek lovers!

Live Long & Prosper!
Mel