View Single Post
Old July 1 2013, 06:50 PM   #34
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Re: Satisfying Cancelled Show Endings

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
I thought when they cancelled Stargate SG1 after season 7, it was totally satisfying. Lost City was the perfect finale.

(Whisper)

What?

(Whisper)

Three more seasons? But how did they go on without Richard Dean Anderson?

(Whisper)

But if they beat both the Gu'ald and the Replicators in season 8, how did they go on after that?

(Whisper)

Oh dear LORD!

Honestly, I liked RDA a lot in Stargate, but I also liked Ben Bowder as Colonel Mitchell and really liked Claudia Black as Vala in the later seasons of Stargate.

As for the topic of this thread, I just finished watching Dollhouse, and I think it ended well. I would have loved more seasons, but they were able to tie it up nicely. Firefly getting a movie was a nice ending, but it still had so much it could have done that, while I really like serenity, I can't say the series ended well, just because I think it could have gone on to even more greatness than the show already reached. That doesn't take away from Serenity (it was awesome) but I just can't say a show that ended unfairly early, and with a lot of stuff left to do, ended well. The actualy ending was great, but as a franchise it deserved better.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote