View Single Post
Old July 1 2013, 12:16 PM   #6
HaventGotALife
Fleet Captain

Re: 2013 NBA Offseason Thread...

Knicks to Acquire Bargnani

The New York Knicks are close to finalizing a trade for power forward Andrea Bargnani, which would send Steve Novak and Marcus Camby to the Toronto Raptors, a league source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.
You have to wonder what the future of Amar'e is if they do this deal.

Pistons meet with Josh Smith
While Dwight Howard was meeting with the Houston Rockets in Los Angeles as free agency opened, sources confirmed to ESPN.com that his former AAU teammate, Josh Smith, was sitting down with Joe Dumars and the Detroit Pistons across town.

ESPN.com's Marc Stein reported early Sunday that the Pistons would make a strong push for Smith. The news of the meeting, which took place shortly after free agency became official at 12:01 a.m. ET on Monday morning, was first reported by Yahoo! Sports.
Wow. I would love to put him at the 3 instead of Iggy.

Thomas Robinson traded, Aaron Brooks and Carlos Delfino waived

The Houston Rockets enter their dinner with coveted free agent center Dwight Howard on Sunday with the ability to offer him a four-year, $88 million contract after agreeing in principle to trade forward Thomas Robinson to Portland for two future second-round picks and the rights to European players Kostas Papanikolaou and Marko Todorovic, a source confirmed to ESPN.

"I got the news a couple of minutes ago," Robinson told FOX 26 in Houston. "I'm excited for Portland to give me a chance.

"Hopefully I'll be given a chance to show that I'm worthy of staying put."

An NBA general manager tells ESPN's J.A. Adande and Chris Broussard that he was offered point guard Jeremy Lin by Houston in a potential deal. Omer Asik is also being made available, according to sources.

Houston also waived veterans Aaron Brooks and Carlos Delfino earlier on Sunday to clear more salary-cap space.
Will they have a team left if Dwight Howard signs?

Gal Mekel verbally commits to Mavericks

The Dallas Mavericks will go into their crucial Tuesday meeting with Dwight Howard having already secured one of the first verbal commitments of 2013 free agency in the NBA.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Mavericks, in the early hours of Monday morning, received word from Israeli point guard Gal Mekel that he is committing to sign a multiyear guaranteed contract at a league minimum salary after the NBA's annual moratorium on signings and trades is lifted July 10.
Who? I hope he works out for them.

Last edited by HaventGotALife; July 1 2013 at 12:26 PM.
HaventGotALife is offline   Reply With Quote