Mortuary - free admission
White House Down - free admission
The Heat - free admission
Finding Neverland - free admission
A Band Called Death - free admission
Godzilla vs the Smog Monster - free admission
Valley Girl - free admission
Scarface - free admission

ABCD was a pretty good documentary. I read a review in the Chronicle that said it didn't need the bit about the tribute band by the sons, but I think its part of the story of the band's rebirth. The talkin' heads towards the end seemed random. I mean, really, we need to hear Kid Rock's opinion? Seriously?

I went over to the Ritz today for a triple feature.

First up, GvstSM, an English-dub of the Japanese monster movie, the first of the "Beasts vs Bots" series Alamo Drafthouse is runnin' this month. The last time I watched a Godzilla movie, it was the restored print of the original Gojira. This one was pretty silly...I mean, seriously, a shapeshiftin' monster made of pollution? And Godzilla winds up defendin' Japan from it...why?

Followed that with my first every viewin' of VG, part of the Summer of '83 series that the Drafthouse has had goin' this past month. Dear god, was that movie painfully '80s. And Nicolas Cage looked crazy young in it!

And, finally, an almost perfect 35mm print of Scarface, the last movie of the Summer of '83. I overheard one of the programmers talkin' a couple of weeks ago, and he said that the last 35mm print he had seen of the movie was so aged, it had a red tint to it, and was near unwatchable. This print, though, was beautiful.

And the movie was bad ass.

Added bonus, I got to have a couple of guys kicked out from the theater! I was there to hear Al Pacino as Tony Montana, not that scrawny guy's impersonation of Al Pacino as Tony Montana. First time I've seen that done up close & personal. It was kinda awesome. I wanna do it more often!