View Single Post
Old July 1 2013, 03:54 AM   #107
Christopher
Writer

Re: ENT: A Choice of Futures by C. L. Bennett Review Thread (Spoilers!

EliyahuQeoni wrote: View Post
One question for Christiopher: Was there any significance to Sam Kirk's middle name "Abraham"?
See "The Savage Curtain." Abraham Lincoln is Jim Kirk's hero; I assume that reverence was passed down from his forebears.

It occurred to me that you named him Sam as 1) a reference to George Samuel Kirk, Jim's brother and 2) as a reference to the TMP novel that mentions Jim Kirk's grandfather Samuel. Many assumed this to be George, Sr's father, but it could have been his Great Grandfather Samuel.
Actually I'd forgotten about that reference in the TMP novelization. The 2009 movie established that Jim Kirk's paternal grandfather was named Tiberius, while his maternal grandfather was named James.

My assumption is that Sam and Valeria are JTK's great-grandparents. If we assume they have a kid sometime in the 2170s, then that kid would have George somewhere around 2200, putting him in his early 30s when he fathers Jim in 2233.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote