View Single Post
Old June 30 2013, 11:47 PM   #76
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Re: Stargate Universe Rewatch: Now with teacake

teacake wrote: View Post
Faith: This was interesting. 15 weeks since they left Icarus, it seems a little early to be wanting to give up all chance of stargate travel and settle on another planet. Perhaps the terrible food, leadership conflicts and alien attacks have worn everyone down more that we get to see. Yes the planet feels "safer" right up until the obelisk starts beaming light into space.. that I don't get at all. I would not want to stay there with that unknown. Eleven people? Not enough, and now there are how many left on the planet, 7 or so? This doesn't seem that viable. I find it weird that Chloe wants to stay.

I don't think they all shared that one fellow's belief in benevolent super aliens coming to save them. It does seem to be portrayed as thought they get converted by the planet in some way.

I'm enjoying Brody a lot, he and Park and Volker are a pleasure to listen to.

I don' think the planet necessarily exerted any influence over people, I think it really was the lure of how Paradise-like it appeared, and nobody really thought about how few there were, little to no chance of coupling, lose a few and you lose a large percentage of resources, and then the horrible cold winters that were promised. And on top of that, as you saay, they didn't even really think about all the possible terrible ramifications of their Alien benefactors. It is hard to buy that level of desperation after less than 4 months. It would be more believable if it was a ship-wide decision to want to stay, much better odds of survival with a large group. I would've liked it better if this desperation was shown after more time, or a dilemma for the whole shipload pushing for staying, but, it was better than many first half episodes

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?