View Single Post
Old June 30 2013, 04:08 PM   #5
eskyliz
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: What's your opinion of Gul Dukat?

Gul Dukak = coolest villain on Star Trek.

But really though. I never thought he was pure evil until probably the very end... Then I thought, "There's no hope for him. He actually is pure evil." But by then he was dead.

I seem to have come to this conclusion about a year (in Star Trek time) later than most of the characters.

In "Waltz" Sisko at the end says that he now realizes that Dukat is pure evil. (At least I think he said that. It's been so long.) And then of course there's Kira who probably realized this during the occupation.

But for the most part, I always though Dukat could go either way. And I even when looked at him in situations when he was supposed to be portrayed as this big evil powerful Cardassian, I could usually still see from his point of view and understand that he might not have thought what he was doing was all that evil.
"That may be the most important thing to understand about humans. It is the unknown that defines our existence. We are constantly searching, not just for answers to our questions, but for new questions. We are explorers." - Captain Sisko
eskyliz is offline   Reply With Quote