View Single Post
Old June 30 2013, 05:46 AM   #137
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash
Re: Taylor Swift, Why The Hate?

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Yeah, well, put Taylor Swift against this...

...and, I guarantee, she won't win.
Charley Pride? Depends upon who is listening. Sorry, my friend, but just because you think he's a legend, doesn't automatically make him the better choice, nor does it make him "real" country. Charley Pride won a CMA award back in 1994, as a "Pioneer." His last earned (by sales and popularity) award (an AMA, for a total of 3 CMAs, and 3 AMAs) was received in 1976.

Taylor Swift, on the other hand:

Wiki wrote:
Swift has been the recipient of seven Grammy Awards, eleven American Music Awards, seven Country Music Association Awards, six Academy of Country Music Awards, and twelve Billboard Music Awards. As a songwriter, she has been honored by the Nashville Songwriters Association and the Songwriters Hall of Fame.
And she's still selling albums, and she's still in the musical spotlight, and she's younger than when Charley Pride won his award, AND she has a long career ahead of her. You will lose your bet. I can bet you, and win, on the idea that there are people who don't consider Charley Pride "real" country. That doesn't make them right, either. You know why? Because there's no such thing as "real" country.
Spike: [writing] Correction; Rainbow Dash is very jealous.

Last edited by Rainbow Dash; June 30 2013 at 05:56 AM.
Rainbow Dash is online now   Reply With Quote