View Single Post
Old June 29 2013, 11:19 PM   #12
Tommunist
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Enterprise MOVIES and Season 5 gossip

Captain Atkin wrote: View Post
Tommunist wrote: View Post
Shame that the show didn't end on a better note, but neither did the Original Series!
Well, technically, the original series ended with Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, and that was definitely a high note to end on!

I don't think that Star Trek: Enterprise would have fared well as motion pictures, but I do think it would do well today as made-for-TV movies on Netflix. It could also open the door for Netflix movies of other Trek characters, like a Riker/Titan movie or a Sulu/Excelsior movie. Anything is possible. A lot of people have been saying they would like to see a season 5 of Enterprise, but I think I would prefer a cool trilogy of Enterprise made-for-TV movies for Netflix, which could later be sold on Bluray.
While I don't think that Enterprise movies would've reversed the diminishing returns trend on Trek films at that point save for perhaps a minor bump for novelty, I can see Berman at least having that thought in the back of his mind about where to take the film franchise next.

Oh, I love Trek VI, I was thinking more about "Turnabout Intruder" as a bad way to "end" a series!!! As far as Enterprise movies, I think the scope would have been opened up. Like if that "Star Trek: The Beginning" movie trilogy about the Romulan War had a role for the Enterprise crew in. The only thing I could say that would have been nice about a Enterprise "era" film is that because the audience isn't as familiar with or emotionally invested in the characters the same way a Kirk or Picard are, you could actually have them go through the wringer and take bolder steps with their actions and fates.

As it stands, I think we will not very likely see any more of the "Prime universe" on any screen as far as new stuff goes.
At least we have the novels!!!
Tommunist is offline   Reply With Quote